In true Dutch form, i once again failed to get any pictures of the event on Saturday. For those that were there, it was amazing, thank you for bringing all the amazing REAL food dishes. For those that missed it, not to worry, we will have plenty more in the future.
Now on to the more important topic: THE Challenge.
I announced the details of THE Challenge and it went over very well. The sign up board is in the gym and details will be streaming in all week so stay posted to this site so you aren’t left out.
The foundational purpose of this challenge is to help you make the changes in your life that you have been meaning to by keeping you motivated and accountable (the reason for the teams). I see this challenge as an opportunity to grow closer with your fellow BlackBox members while getting everything you want from your fitness and health program.
A quick rundown:
- This Challenge is not required. YOU choose to sign up.
- Sign up fee is $75.
- Each person that signs up will be placed on a team, hopefully with 2 other people. THis will be your team throughout the 30 day challenge
- The first day is January 16th
- You will get points for Fitness, Nutrition and consistency in the gym.
- 1 Point for attending a class at BlackBox (I am working on details for those that will be out of town or have extenuating circumstances)
- 1 point for eating perfect for the day (The details on this will come out tomorrow)
- You will get points based on your performance in 3 workouts:
- Max Power Clean
- Max Calories in 1 minute on the Airdyne bike
- 1 round of: 25 burpess/50 Box Jumps/800m run For time.
- Your score will be the positive difference in time from the first time you do the workout to the last time at the end of the challenge.
- Prizes will be given for top 2 individuals and top 1 team. Prizes will be announced later.
- Yes, Weightlifters can participate, and No there will not be any special provisions for the workouts.
Please post questions to the comments. This is the first time for a challenge like this and I want to make sure everyone is clear on the details.
Box Jump Warm Up
Back squat x5
60 seconds of work
Rest 60 seconds