Say hello to our April Member of the Month, Melinda Deckert! Melinda has proven herself a loyal friend to BlackBox and an enthusiastic people-person here at the gym. We have loved getting to know a little more about her via the following interview and we know you will, too!
1. What brought you to Black Box? Nathan Bagby and Cassie Carpenter convinced me to give Blackbox a try.
2. In your free time what do you enjoy doing? I enjoy visiting museums, bird watching, target shooting, and gardening in my spare time
3. What is the most amazing place you have ever visited? Costa Rica is the most amazing place I’ve visited.
4. If you could create a workout for any of the coaches, who would it be for and what would you make them do? I would love to see Coach Shanna do 3 -5 sets of:
400 meter run
5. Tell us something random and/or unusual about yourself that maybe not a lot of people know (hidden talent, unusual experience, famous relative, etc). I wear a size 4 in heels and I am a pretty good singer
6. If you never ever had to sleep, what would you do with all the extra time? If I never had to sleep I would travel to remote places of the world and write about the people I would meet. I LOVE PEOPLE.
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was a kid I wanted to be a race car driver and a dancer on Solid Gold.
8. What fitness/athletic skill would you love to master? I would like to be able to do at least two unassisted pull-ups.
9. If you could have the power of an animal, what would it be (land on your feet like a cat, sonar like a dolphin, etc.)? Fly toward the sun like an eagle.
10. Anything else you’d like to add? I’m not a fan of country music, I don’t like owls and I still want to drive a race car.